From: Eli Grassley [mailto:elig(--nospam--at)psm-engineers.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 3:26 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Reinf. for excess conc. col size

Joe – I remember the general consensus being that the bars should be placed where they would do the greatest structural benefit.  In nearly all cases, that would be by arranging the bars at the far edges of the column, minus your clear cover.  I don’t see what the argument would be for doing it otherwise.

Eli Grassley

PSM Engineers

Seattle