From: Reza Dashti Asl [mailto:rezadashti(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2004 2:18 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: HSS Bracings in high seismic zones

Hi,

Are there any special provisions to design a cloumn-beam-diagonal brace (all
HSS like a truss) without gusset plates as a concentric Ordinary Braced
Frame (R=4.5) in high seismic zones? Is there anything other than section 14
of AISC seismic provisons that I should be looking at? Has anybody tried
this before and if so were the welds enough to develope the Required
Strength of brace connection (tensile strength of the brace)? All comments
are appreciated.

Thanks,
Reza Dashti