Re: to block or not to block?

Joe :
On flat roofs with the Parapet stud being the leg og the truss we always use 3x6 min for that top block. That is our preference over 2 or 3 blocks as contractor prefer. The main reason they frefer the 2x's is the guy installing usually can't read plans, and the boss does not want to hire a anyone who can because it cost him money. It is amaizinf how many contractors can not read or understand simple residential plans.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA