Re: can you say...IBC, SBC, EIEIO...

Scott,

The NFPA code in California was all about our then (liberal democratic) Governor Grey Davis.  The NFPA requires steel plumbing whereas the IBC allows plastic pipe.  The plumbers union was one of Mr. Davis' biggest (I heard THE biggest) campaign contributors.  Also note that the NFPA headquarters is located in Massachusetts as well as Ted Kennedy (also notably a liberal democrat supported big time by unions and a big sponsor of NFPA).

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>

11/05/2004 10:44 AM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
cc
Subject
Re: can you say...IBC, SBC, EIEIO...

Bill:

It was my understanding that the plumbing unions also were a big factor
getting the NFPA chosen in California.  Could be wrong...but that is what
I remember hearing.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI