Re: Unions

On Nov 6, 2004, at 9:08 AM, David Fisher wrote:

See, that kind of industry “good ol’ boy network” even happens in states that are Blue!

Ha! And you thought that only happens in the red states like Texas and Louisiana!
I really can't figure out why this kind of thing comes as such a surprise. This is the way we do business here in this great land of ours. There are places where it's worse, but 'you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours' is our way of life, from the world of engineering office politics to board rooms, Wall Street, the Capital and the White House. It's wrong, it sucks, it's a huge economic burden and it ruins good people but it's the way things are.

We can go on pretending that church attendance and proper doctrine will bring us divine favor and fat portfolios, but it won't happen until we stop treating others like something besides business opportunities.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw/