Re: can you say...

> > Scott Maxwell wrote:
> >
> > >Bill:

> > >SBC code.  Being a liberal Yankee, I don't have any Southern Buidling
> > >Codes sitting around at home.  <grin>  Anytime I needed to use it, an

> > Hey, it's STANDARD Building Code, thank you very much!
> >
> > (Meaning that it's "standard" south of the Mason-Dixon line, of course).

> From: Scott Maxwell <smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu>

> You sure?!? I always thought the BOCA NBC meant the Northern Building
> Code, although I am sure some "spinners" will call it the National
> Building Code.  <grin>  ;-)
>
> And does't the UBC mean the Unique Building Code, as California is now
> unique in that they are the only major jurisdiction still using it to my
> knowledge?  ;-)

And ... IBC is for Internal (Infernal?) Building Code, because it sure
isn't international.

Oh, and I sympathize with your confusion over the Southern Building Code
Congress' code title. We, North of the 49th, so to speak, think that
they are all Southern. 8-)

It's easy to poke fun from a jurisdiction with 1 model building code.

Paul

--
Paul Ransom, P. Eng.
Civil/Structural/Project/International