RE: Unions

David and Gary:

For the most part, there are very few unions in those wonderful red
states.  In Texas, for example (the second largest red state), the only
union activities of any consequence are those in the oil refining and
petrochemical facilities along the Gulf Coast.  You certainly won't find
any significant presence of union workers among the building trades.

If you check a county-by-county election map, such as the one on the USA
Today website, you will find that most states are actually red states by
geography.  For example, the vast majority of counties in California and
Minnesota went for Bush over Kerry.

Also, as a Naturalized Texan and as a Wisconsin Badger, I must agree
with Gary ... red is certainly my favorite color.

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

"I love that---red state like Texas.

Gary

"Ha! And you thought that only happens in the red states like Texas and
Louisiana!"

David L. Fisher SE PE