RE: 16" thick CMU wall

Michael,

Thanks, your reply came through seconds after I sent my second post (or reply to my original).  I guess I’m not crazy after all, but don’t ask my wife.  I’m assuming the #4 ties are anchored at the far exterior face and the far interior face of the composite section.  Do you size the #4 bars and at what spacing?  Also, if you calculated the #4 bar size and spacing, do you have a reference explaining that calculation?  I don’t have anything at the office and may have something at home to explain further, I will see in about an hour.  I’m guessing that “the old VQ/It (from memory) would be the answer, and probably using gross section properties would be adequate.

Thanks for the help.

Joe

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.