From: Will H [mailto:haynewp(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 4:16 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: 16" thick CMU wall

It sounds like you are designing it as a cantilever wall. I've never relied
on cmu ties to transfer the shear required for a composite section. I would
hollow out the inside of the (2)-8" blocks and fill it solid like a
pilaster.

I would be careful in proceeding with this if the flush face of the blocks
is going to be at the compression side.

Will Haynes, P.E.