Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Masonry Lintels Size Limit?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Masonry Lintels Size Limit?
- From: richard lewis <rlewistx(--nospam--at)juno.com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:30:41 -0600
Is there a practical limit to the size of a cast-in-place masonry lintel? A builder has asked to use grouted-in-place masonry block and rebar in lieu of a precast concrete beam. The opening is 17ft and the depth of the lintel would have to be 6 courses deep of 8" block. NCMA Tek 17-1b lists capacities for up to 3 course masonry lintels.Are deep masonry lintels made with bottom course lintel blocks and then fully grouted regular block placed in running bond above that? I can't find any design info in either the NCMA Tek notes or ACI 530 that discusses block types or shear reinforcement for this condition.Jim Wilson, PEStroudsburg, PA
Do you Yahoo!?
Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page. www.yahoo.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: Masonry Lintels Size Limit?
- Next by Subject: Masonry mortar
- Previous by thread: RE: Masonry Lintels Size Limit?
- Next by thread: Repairing Cracked Masonry