Re: META-DISCUSSION: How Participation on SEAINT Can Hurt You

Christopher Wright wrote:

On Nov 10, 2004, at 3:02 PM, Bill Polhemus wrote:

Sometimes you get out-lawyered in a case like that, which has happened to me. It's not easy to to sit there and be polite and objective when someone is trying to discredit you, but it's important to remember that it's business, not personal.

Chris, it may have been "business," but he had a way of making it sound VERY personal.

How do you answer a question like "the fact is, you're just plain incompetent, aren't you?" and (in opening statements to the panel) "I don't know who this guy is, no one seems to have ever heard of him, he doesn't even seem to be able to keep a job..."

My favorite one was "the fact is that you're perpetrating a scam, and you know it, and these gentlemen here know it. How you can even look at yourself in the mirror when you shave is beyond me!" (Come to think of it, I shave in the shower without a mirror. Maybe this guy is on to something...)