Re: WOOD: Availability of No.1 and Select Structural Grades

Bill:

This will likely not help too much, but here it is any way.

I am working for a timber framing now.  We consistantly deal in timber
size members (i.e. 5" or larger").  Getting No.1 or Select Structural is
not a problem...just cost more and can be a longer lead time potentially,
especially Select Structural and if of a larger cross section (we deal
with typically 7x9 up to about 11x13 with little problem beyond that gets
tougher).  We deal primarily with White Oak, Red Oak, and DougFir.

Of course all of this does not really apply much to dimensional lumber (2x
material).

BTW, I have a friend asking about 2x material from his suppliers for me.
He works for a major (commercial level) GC in the Houston area.  I will
let you know what if anything he can find out.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI