SLIGHTLY OT: Abandoning the Excavator (WAS: WOOD: Availability of No.1 and Select Structural Grades)

jascopac wrote:

There is a great reference book on this exact subject. It is "Mike Mulligan
and his Steam Shovel"
SHADES OF CAPTAIN KANGAROO! (I've just dated myself)

I had forgotten "Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel"! You're absolutely right!

In fact, didn't ol' Mike take the job as the "building engineer" after they had completed the building, so he could be with his steam shovel (which was now happily puffing away in the basement as the Boiler for the place, IIRC)?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

P.S. I hate "Thread Creep".