RE: Wood Dowels embedded in concrete

Jim,

Technical Report 12, by the American Forest and Paper Association, 1999,  provides yield limit formulas and materials values for determination of capacity of wood connection dowels embedded in concrete based on the depth of embedment.  It also presents derivation of the yield mode equations used in the NDS.

Nels Roselund, SE

South San Gabriel, CA

njineer(--nospam--at)att.net