Re: STANDARD BUILDING CODE: What is the windload criteria for SBC 1997

Bill-
To paraphrase the SBC, sect. 1606, it appears that
ASCE 7-95 is the referenced standard...

Sect. 1606.1.1 - Determiniation of Wind Forces
Wind forces on every building or structure shall be
determined by the provisions of ASCE 7.
Excep. 1:  Provisions of 1606.2 shall be permitted for
bldgs 60ft or less....
etc. through exception 5.

Sect. 1606.1.2 - Limitations
Mixing of provisions from ASCE 7 and 1606.2 shall not
be permitted.

I hope this helps.  If you need, I can scan and e-mail
a page or two of the SBC.  Off to lunch.
David Topete
SF, CA