Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Cover for Swimming Pool Reinforcement

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Good morning Gail and others.
My reply isn't entirely relevant but I offer the following.  We typically use 2" cover to reinforcing steel in marine (salt water) environments.  What is unique about swimming pools, however, is the chlorine in the water, which is very corrosive.  Ever seen the bed of a pool maintenance company's pick up truck?
Bob G.
-----Original Message-----
From: GSKWY(--nospam--at) [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Sunday, November 14, 2004 5:40 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Cover for Swimming Pool Reinforcement

What is the cover typically used on the interior (wet) side of a swimming pool.
ACI 350 specifies 2 inches for concrete containing liquid.  Is this what is typically used?
Gail Kelley
The information contained in the e-Mail, including any accompanying documents or attachments, is from Moffatt & Nichol and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above, and is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify us.