Structural Nut Grades

My ignorance is showing here.

I have, in the past, assumed that when I specify a bolt, that the associated nut will have the equivalent strength.  Recently I was asked to OK a mix & match scenario.  We are using a 50ksi threaded rod with a washer & nut for anchorage into concrete.  I was asked if a grade 5 nut would suffice.

I would normally take a grade 5 nut to have an equivalent strength for an A307 bolt, and a grade 8 nut for A325 & A490 bolts.

1)    Is this correct?
2)    Can I use a grade 5 (grade B to ASTM A563) as a suitable connection to a 50ksi threaded tension rod?  Should I spec the grade 8.
3)    Where can I reference the mechanical properties for nuts?

TIA

Thor A. Tandy P.Eng
Victoria, BC
Canada