Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Structural Nut Grades[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Structural Nut Grades
- From: "vicpeng" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:39:05 -0800
My ignorance is showing here.
I have, in the past, assumed that when I specify a bolt, that the associated nut will have the equivalent strength. Recently I was asked to OK a mix & match scenario. We are using a 50ksi threaded rod with a washer & nut for anchorage into concrete. I was asked if a grade 5 nut would suffice.
I would normally take a grade 5 nut to have an equivalent strength for an A307 bolt, and a grade 8 nut for A325 & A490 bolts.
1) Is this correct?
2) Can I use a grade 5 (grade B to ASTM A563) as a suitable connection to a 50ksi threaded tension rod? Should I spec the grade 8.
3) Where can I reference the mechanical properties for nuts?
Thor A. Tandy P.Eng
- Prev by Subject: RE: structural list??
- Next by Subject: Re: Structural Nut Grades
- Previous by thread: RE: Rest In Peace: AVG 6.0
- Next by thread: Re: Structural Nut Grades