Re: STEEL: Q - What is the proper procedure for submitting/approv ing an alternate design?

As a follow-up:

I'm seeing a lot of information about what each respondent expects to
see. I do appreciate that, and it provides food for thought.

However, I was apparently not clear in my question:

What I want to know is, are there any governing standards, notably by
AISC (such as the Code of Standard Practice) that governs how something
like this ought to be handled? How about CASE documents? Anything?

In this case, my contact doesn't cover ANYTHING like this situation, and
I am trying to proceed based, not on my own opinion (my recent legal
adventures have taught me how much that's worth), but on industry
standards or established law.

Thanks once again.