RE: STEEL: Q - What is the proper procedure for submitting/approv ing an alternate design?

CASE does have some very helpful documents. As we speak I am building my
structural specifications and contracts using CASE's "National Practice
Guidelines for The Structural Engineer of Record." I purchased this on the
ACEC website.

http://store.acec.org/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=CONTRACTS

Also I think AISC has some very helpful pamphlets on how the shop drawing
approval phase is supposed to proceed. If you send me your fax number I can
send it to you.

Christopher A. Banbury, PE
President
Ark Engineering, Incorporated
PO Box 10129, Brooksville, FL 34603-0129
22 North Broad ST, Brooksville, FL 34601
352.754.2424 (o)
352.754.2412 (f)
cbanbury(--nospam--at)arkengineering.net
www.arkengineering.net