Anchor Bolts in Masonry

I'm comparing the values for breakout of anchor bolts in tension using
ASD and LRFD and I'm coming up with a pretty large discrepancy. I'm
using ACI 530-02 which has

Ba=0.5*Ap*(f'm)^0.5 for ASD
and
Ban=4*phi*Apt*(f'm)^0.5 for LRFD with phi = 0.5

This would mean that the strength values are 4 times greater than the
ASD values. Am I missing something? Does anyone know why the difference
is so large?

Thanks for any input,
Matt

Matthew O. Hood, E.I.T.