Light Gage Steel Connection

Here is a question for those who do a lot of light gage steel design.  I
have an edge angle that I want to attach metal studs to support a wall.
the angle will be the vertical support for the stud wall.   The back face
of the stud will attach to the vertical face of the angle.  I know I can
weld them but I was wondering about screwing them.  Is it common to use a
self-tapping TEK screw to attach them?  Would the screw be installed from
the stud side?  Is it easy enough for the installer to bend the stud
flange and screw into the back flange and the steel angle?  Any minimum
size TEK screw suggested?

Thanks.

Rich