RE: Light Gage Steel Connection

Rich,

Have you looked at the prefabricated connection angles as made by Dietrich or Marino Ware?

The best bet for connecting to the angle would be with PAF's.  Some contractors like to set all of the connection angles in place in one operation.  Then they come back and screw all of the studs through predrilled holes in the connection angles.

I personally recommend using a pre-engineered product like this for piece of mind and liability, especially if you are working with high reactions.

I've never seen screwing or nailing through the stud flange into the steel angle, but most of the stuff I was involved with was prefabricated so that wasn't an option.

Jim Wilson
Stroudsburg, PA

---