RE: Approximate period in IBC2000

The modified equations are correct.

Go to:   http://www.iccsafe.org/cs/codes/errata.html  and download the
errata for the 2000 IBC (last updated March 3, 2003).  There are 24 pages of
corrections including several in the structural chapters.

Other errata locations:
ASCE: http://www.seinstitute.org/publications/errata.cfm

ACI: http://www.concrete.org/COMMITTEES/ERRATA.ASP

AISC: http://www.aisc.org (you'll have to search for errata for your
specific publication)

FEMA Seismic:
http://www.fema.gov/hazards/earthquakes/nehrp/building_print.shtm
(look under each individual publication)

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC
Kansas City, Missouri