Re: British Report on Slabe on Grade

Dear Sir:

I am not debating your message.
It is true that the report is in SI units and the equations are also in
SI units but the design method such as Westergaard design method or any
other design method  has nothing to do with low pressure or a high
pressure.

Many US researchers used oversea publications to verified their theory
including Dr.- Ing. Westergaard.

>>> bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc 11/18/2004 10:05:48 AM >>>
Himat Solanki wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Based on my response to Issue on the "High Tire Pressure on Concrete
Slab" . I did receive several resopnse to a copy of the report.

But the problem is, that report is for high TYRE pressure (see
http://www.tyres-online.co.uk/).

You want high TIRE pressure.

Also, I imagine that report is in SI units (meaning "Systeme
Internationale," which is French--you can tell because it always has
more vowels than it need, more than anything except Italian). Trying to

do an American design using a British report rendered in French units
is
going to drive you crazy.

STEP AWAY FROM THAT CONTINENT, PLEASE!

Your country thanks you.

[N.B. Go ahead and try the reports from Australia and New Zealand,
though. Okay, actually, I just want to see your head explode from using

a book with British spelling, French units and all the words
upside-down]