RE: List Suggestion

Does this work on web based email, or only client based email?

Do I have to put it on all the computers I use to access the web email, or just one of them?

From: "Jason W. Kilgore" <jkilgore(--nospam--at)leok.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: List Suggestion
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 08:43:46 -0600

> Unfortunately, my enthusiam on using the delete key followed by the flush > button sometimes deletes stuff I found later that I didn't want to delete. > And changing email addresses is the cyber equivalent of moving to protect > your family from street gangs. But I shouldn't have to do this. And the
> spam filters I have (I've used commercial and shareware versions) some
> simply don't work after a short while.  It's like the cold war, one side
> comes up with a defense, and the other side comes up with a way of getting
> by that defense.

I highly recommend "Cloudmark Spamnet".  It's commercial (not free), but I
received a copy as a package when I purchased a firewall for my home
computer.

I've had this address for 7 years and I received on the order of 600-700
spam each week.  Only 2 or 3 of these (on average) slip by Spamnet.  It
works on the concept that every time you block a spam it uploads that
information and uses it to update everyone else's version.  As soon as the
first few people manually block a particular spam everyone else's is
automatically blocked.

I have mine set to put the spam in a "junk-mail" folder, and I did have to
go through periodically and unblock messages at the start.  The bonus is
that once you unblock them they stayed unblocked.  It currently very rarely
blocks legit messages.

---
Jason Kilgore
Leigh & O'Kane, LLC