RE: List Suggestion

Ray:

True.  Outlook is not the lowest denominator "email software".  That would
be Outlook Express or Euroda (both free).

I would also argue that "web email" is also not the lowest denominator
"email software" as your are not really using any software that is "email
specific"...you are using a plain vanilla web browser.  It can certainly
be considered the lowest denominator WAY to get email (but I would debate
that as most ISPs still provide you with a POP based email system that can
be used with a client like Outlook Express or Eudora).

The problem with web based email is that you are totally at the mercy of
the provider as to what you can and cannot do with the email.  It becomes
a matter of the only "features" that the email "reader" gives you is what
THEY want it to have.

As a point of interest, in the same vein, I will note that SEAINT is a
free service too (although SEAOC members do/did subsidize it).  So, if you
are willing to complain about SEAINT not being willing to add a simple
feature to easy your life, then you should be willing to complain about
Yahoo or Microsoft not being willing to add a simple feature (i.e.
somewhat robust email filtering/rules) to their free email service.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI