From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 10:00 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: Anchor Bolts in Masonry

Joe (& Mathew):

The quote was:

"In my personal opinion, Eq. 2-4 is too conservative.  If augmented by
minimum cover requirements, Eq. 2-3 is enough.  That's the way the
strength
provisions are written, and I would use those for anchor design.  We
didn't
have time to fix this for the 2005 provisions.  We hope to finish
harmonizing the ASD and SD provisions for the 2008 document."

HTH,

Scott
Adrian, MI

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Joe Grill wrote:

> Mathew,
> I posted a question on this subject just a couple of weeks ago.  You
might
> check the archives for some of the replies.  Basically, yes you are
right.
> It gets even worse if you look at the separate definitions for Ap and
Apt.