Re: Anchor Bolts in Masonry

Okay,  I haven't been reading the thread very closely, don't do much masonry,  and don't harmonize well with others.

But is the factor of four being discussed similar to the fact that Hilti uses a factor of safety of four on pull-out strengths of their bolts?

I seem to remember that this is due to the great number of unknowns.  But maybe I made that last part up.

Gail Kelley