From: Jake Watson [mailto:jwatson(--nospam--at)utahisp.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 7:02 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: SEA's and Disciplinary Action

How many SEA's have any input or authority to discipline an engineer?  SEAU is attempting to convene an "Ethics Committee" to advise our state licensing board.  They would be tasked with providing advise technical and ethical complaints filed with our state board.  Is there a precedent for this anywhere else in the country?  What is the normal disciplinary mechanism?

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT