Question Regarding Wire Mesh for Column Stirrups

Dear Association,

We are looking at a building here in Tortola, where the engineer of
record has decided to use wire mesh for column stirrups. ??

As an independent check, we need to validate its use or choose otherwise.

Anyone ever used wire mesh for column stirrups, and found it a valid choice??!

Regards,
Thanks in Advance.
Refugio Rochin
Systems Engineering Ltd.