Re: British Report on Slabe on Grade

Gary,

It is true that the only U.S. uses Imperical Units.
The New Zealand, Australia , British and South Africa reports provide
the latest state of the Art  Design techniques, while the U.S. primary
refers to the Westergaard equations including PCA and ACI Committee 360.
Please note that based on the test data, the westergaard method
underpredicts the increamental deflection when the ratio of the slab
size to the radius of relative stiffness is less than about 8.

I ma not  liasion for these organizations to promte the sale ,but these
reports are helpful and have lots of design aids which could minimize
the finite analysis and provide safe design.

you may still use the ACI and PCA methods with the understanding of the
basic assumptions which were used in the Wesregaard method and not to
worry about the SI units but sooner or later the SI units will become
effective. At present the AASHTO, ACI and many otherr documents are
available in the SI Units. Also please note that there lots of good
design and detailing especially related to the seismic were adopted from
the New Zealand and strut- and tie method from the Europe, etc etc,
etc.....

Please do not think I am debating this mail. I personally do have lots
of literature not only form the US. but from all over the world county
like Russia, China, all European countries, New Zealand, Australia,
India,
becasuse having a technical knowlege of these languages.

Himat

>>> ghodgson(--nospam--at)vaxxine.com 11/19/2004 8:15:20 AM >>>
Bill,
Australia and New Zealand have both gone metric, if I
am not mistaken.  Anyway, the US is behind the rest of
the world in regard to metric ( I know you say thank
God, Allah, Budha and Zeus), but there is just a remote
chance that there is some really useful information in
there.  Anyway, I suggest you go to Paris, sit at an
outdoor cafe, try the wine, and ogle the passing filles
and try some metric conversion--81,58,87.
Gary

On 18 Nov 2004 at 9:05, Bill Polhemus wrote:

> Himat Solanki wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >Based on my response to Issue on the "High Tire Pressure on
Concrete