RE: Masonry reinforcement lap length in IBC 2003

Gary:

If I remember correctly, development lengths and lap lengths are a known
issue that the MSJC committee (ACI 530/ASCE 5/TMS 402) knows that it needs
to deal with.  I don't recall if this was a priority that they hit this
code cycle or not.  I see what I can find out.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI