Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
New structure on ancient columns[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: New structure on ancient columns
- From: "Alberto Guida" <grupocg(--nospam--at)cantv.net>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:55:30 -0400
I am designing a four stories steel building, for a medical center. Originally the building had two stories, but supposedly was designed for four stories. I examined the calculations, but they are very bad with a lot of mistakes. Then we designed a lateral steel building, but we need to use the space of the lift in the original concrete building, for the new lift. We designed a steel structure of two stories for the lift, and put it over the concrete columns of the building, but now, these columns need 2% of steel but they have only 1%.
Which do you think is the best method to update these columns for the new loads?
Thank you very much
- Prev by Subject: RE: New releases of Multi-Lat Flexible Analysis
- Next by Subject: Re: New structure on ancient columns
- Previous by thread: RE: ACI 318-02 Appendix D
- Next by thread: Re: New structure on ancient columns