New structure on ancient columns

I am designing a four stories steel building, for a medical center. Originally the building had two stories, but supposedly was designed for four stories. I examined the calculations, but they are very bad with a lot of mistakes. Then we designed a lateral steel building, but we need to use the space of the lift in the original concrete building, for the new lift. We designed a steel structure of two stories for the lift, and put it over the concrete columns of the building, but now, these columns need 2% of steel but they have only 1%.
Which do you think is the best method to update these columns for the new loads?

Thank you very much

Alberto Guida

avast! Antivirus: Saliente mensaje limpio..

Base de datos de Virus (VPS): 0447-1, 19/11/2004
Comprobado en: 19/11/2004 18:55:45
avast! tiene derechos reservados (c) 2000-2004 ALWIL Software.