American Building Code Imperialism

I have long been amazed at the proliferation of American building codes in
other parts of the world.   Much of this is attributed to the presence of
american businesses and to students who studied in the US and then returned
to their naitive country.  Still I was supprised by the fact the Mr. Nguyen
who apparently works in a Vietnamese design firm is familiar with the ICC
building code. This is something that many American engineers haven't yet
achieved.  It was not so long ago where we were bombing the curent
government in Vietman.

Mark Gilligan

Hi Robert, Jason and Roger,
Thanks for your replies. I have downloaded the errata, and checks with my
book. Thank you.
Best regards,

Nguyen Nam Trung
Civil Work Design Department
Power Engineering & Consulting Company No.3
HCMC, Vietnam