Re: American Building Code Imperialism

Mark Gilligan wrote:

I have long been amazed at the proliferation of American building codes in
other parts of the world.   Much of this is attributed to the presence of
american businesses and to students who studied in the US and then returned
to their naitive country.

.OR it can be attributed to the fact that more research into building system and component behavior goes on here than anywhere else.

Your use of the term "imperialism" is odious. I was not aware that the American military was now engaged in "code enforcement" throughout the "empire".