RE: Masonry reinforcement lap length in IBC 2003

Gary:

Here is the response that I got from the person that I know on the MSJC:

"Yes, there was some controversy over differences between SD and ASD
provisions for splices and development.  We have essentially harmonized the
provisions for 2005.  They will be a little less severe than the 2002 SD
provisions."

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI