Re: Question Regarding Wire Mesh for Column Stirrups

refugio rochin wrote:

It surely would be nice if the codes were posted online,...
This is a common statement. If you'd check back through the archives, you'd find it has been debated to death.

Essentially, although the model codes are adopted by public entities, they are developed by corporate entities that have a vested interest in motivating you to pay for them. We won't get into the good or bad of that--like I said, go through the archives if you want the gory details.

It's just the way it is.

AISC is, to my knowledge, the only contributor to code-writing that offers their design specs "for free" as a download on their website. Otherwise, you gotta shell out the bucks.