Re: Question Regarding Wire Mesh for Column Stirrups

It was stated that "AISC is, to my knowledge, the only contributor to
code-writing that offers their design specs "for free" as a download on
their website. Otherwise, you gotta shell out the bucks."

It should be noted that  AISC is funded and ultimately controlled by the
steel industry and has decided on a different pricing structure.  They give
you the codes so that you will use more of their product.  They then
increase the price to offset their contributions to AISC.  The difference
is that your clients pay.  This option is not availible to some of the
other code writing bodies.

In some sence this is not any different from the practice whereby the drug
manufacturers give free samples and payments to physicians in hopes that
they will prescribe their medicines.

Mark Gilligan