CFS: Screw Fasteners throough more than one "ply"?

Greetings all. It's the week of Thanksgiving here in the USA, so I imagine a lot of people will be absent.

However:

I have this come up from time to time, but haven't seen anything definitive on how to handle it.

The procedure for designing screw fastened connections in CFS according to AISI assumes two plies of material--the one against which the screw head bears, and the "other one."

It isn't clear to me how to handle the feasible case of more than two plies, however.

Any thoughts?