RE: Half-Height Leveling Nuts

If you need the dimensions for hex flat nuts or hex flat jam nuts see ASTM B18.2.2.
-----Original Message-----
From: THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com [mailto:THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 3:29 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Half-Height Leveling Nuts

David,

They also go by the name "jam" nut.  You should find lots of data by doing a Google Search on "jam nuts", "hex jam nuts", or "heavy hex jam nuts".  I have never seen load capacity for these type nuts but since a regular nut is able to develop the full tensile capacity of the applicable bolt then I would guess you could conservatively assume half the normal value.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"M. David Finley, P.E." <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net>

11/23/2004 01:20 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Re: Half-Height Leveling Nuts

Do you have a name for the manufacturer or supplier?  Any idea on load capacities?

M. David Finley, P.E.

The contractor on one of my current projects is using them.  They are also commonly called "jamb" nuts.  As long as you do not have extremely high loads they work just fine.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.

ABS Consulting

"M. David Finley, P.E." <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net>

11/23/2004 11:44 AM

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Half-Height Leveling Nuts

Has anyone had any experience using half-height nuts for leveling nuts?  The space between the foundation and base plate will be grouted with non-shrink grout after the structure is erected.

David Finley, P.E.