Re: Employee vacation schedules

James Cohen wrote:

Hi all. While I lived in England I received 4 weeks holiday of which 2 weeks could be carried over, plus public holidays and comp time. On my return here, I got 2 weeks, no carry over, no comp time. Never got better than that for the past 14 years. My current employer allows no time off whatsoever, not even sick leave. James Cohen, PE
James Cohen Consulting, PC
http://expertpages.com/jccpc

I know what you mean. My current employer is a slave-driver as well. When I had surgery a couple of months ago, followed by about a month when I should have been "convalescing," my employer BODILY got me up out of bed, dressed and to the office. He FORCEFULLY sat me down and got me to begin working.

When I complained, he threatened to tell my wife.

Regards.

Bill Polhemus, P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company