Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Nail Spacing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Nail Spacing
- From: utej(--nospam--at)comcast.net
- Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 17:55:02 +0000
Are the nail spacing recommendations shown in the 1997 and 2001 NDS Commentary are based upon Fyb not exceeding 100ksi or perhaps 130 ksi (shown in appendix I of the 2001 NDS as an upper bound for hardened nails). There are nails out there that have an Fyb of up to 200 ksi and if the spacing is the same as typical nails would not the stress in the wood increase and possibly lead to earlier splitting? Are nails with an Fyb exceeding 100 ksi or 130 ksi beyond the scope of the NDS Commentary nail spacing recommendations?
- Prev by Subject: RE: My congratulations to an Election well represented
- Next by Subject: RE: Nail Spacing
- Previous by thread: Re: New Hire Salary levels
- Next by thread: RE: Nail Spacing