AISC cards -

I apologize if this was already discussed, but I have not been able to keep up with my SEAINT and Steel Detail mail lately.  Anyway, I just received my new AISC cards and noticed that the single shear value for a 3/4" A325-N bolt is 10.6 kips rather than 9.3 kips.  I understand that this was derived using the LRFD value of 15.9 divided by 1.5 but wonder whether it is acceptable to use this value.  The difference is 14%.

Another question I had about the cards is why there is a "k-tf" column.  If this is for "riding the k", why not put the allowable "ride" amount in this column?

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.

LVTA