RE: "By The President of the United States of America, A Proclamation"

Given the state of affairs and instability in the world today, I believe
this post is simply inappropriate for a professional list. A simple wish of
good tidings during the holidays is sufficient. More than this shows the
world that the United States believes that our belief based democracy is the
only way of life we recognize and in my opinion, this is the root of our
problems.
President Washington, while leader of the United States in 1789, approved
atrocities against the original settlers of this land - the Native Americans
- simply because they did not adopt the same religious belief that the
Europeans brought to this country. While his words may have been in good
faith, his actions would not now be considerate of others who have
immigrated legally to the United States and by the doctrine of the
constitution share a freedom of religion intended to separate church and
state and which embraces many beliefs including those of non-believers.
I understand that this may make me a target of hate mongers, but if you wish
to attack, please do so privately and I will ignore all by the most solid
arguments. This post is, IMO, inappropriate and I would prefer it be posted
elsewhere.
If the consensus is to allow such posts - I will be pleased to unsubscribe
from this list on principle alone. I feel that Bill has stepped out of line,
radically, on many occasions and have sent him my opinions in private. In
this case, he acts without consideration for even the minorities who are
protected by the same doctrines of the constitution as the majority.

With all due respect,
Dennis S. Wish, PE
California Professional Engineer