Re: "By The President of the United States of America, A Proclamation"

In a message dated 11/29/04 8:17:19 AM, bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc writes:

I think it is fascinating that the principles on which this nation was
founded, are now considered "inappropriate" for public discussion by
"modern" ways of thinking.

One of the "principles" on which this nation was founded was "Manifest Destiny," which meant that if you [anyone who got here first] have something that I want [such as everything west of the Hudson R.] I'll just take it from you and kill you or send you off to concentration camps [AKA "reservations"].  I/we don't agree with that "principal" now, and it's considered "inappropriate" to espouse such a "principal."

Similarly, although not exactly a founding principal, with slavery.

Times change.

Just a thought (or three).

Ralph
Ralph Hueston Kratz