From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 10:49 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: "By The President of the United States of America, A
Proclamation"

Dennis Wish wrote:

>Given the state of affairs and instability in the world today, I believe
>this post is simply inappropriate for a professional list. A simple wish of
>good tidings during the holidays is sufficient. More than this shows the
>world that the United States believes that our belief based democracy is
the
>only way of life we recognize and in my opinion, this is the root of our
>problems.

Thanks for the comments, Dennis.

I think it is fascinating that the principles on which this nation was
founded, are now considered "inappropriate" for public discussion by
"modern" ways of thinking.

Given the divide that seems to inflict so much of the discourse between
people in our nation today, it makes me that much more thankful to that
same God invoked by Pres. Washington, that "our side" won the last election.

With respect, I'm grateful that yours is the minority view. Much as I
respect your right to view any acknowledgement of the Divine as
"inappropriate," the depth of my disagreement with that point of view
cannot possibly be overstated.