RE: "By The President of the United States of America, A Proclamation"

I won't comment directly on this.  There are already enough comments for
everyone.  However, Voltaire has several appropriate quotes:

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your
right to say it."

"A long dispute means both parties are wrong."

"True greatness consists in the use of a powerful understanding to enlighten
oneself and others."

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

I have no particular pension for Voltaire, but I remembered the first one
from high school.  The others I found while trying to find his exact
phrasing.  To all those who think this is an appropriate forum for politics
& political slandering, remember I (and probably many others) will be
exercising my rights by using the delete key.

I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday.  To all our friends outside the US, I
sincerely hope you also had a good reason to celebrate.  Come visit us in
Salt Lake, the skiing is much better here than in Sydney! :)

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT