Deflection limits for CMU wall

I have been looking for some criteria for a lateral deflection limit for a reinforced grouted CMU wall.  I have found limits for vertical requirements (recently discussed).  The only lateral criteria I have found is in the IBC (at the moment looking at 2000 IBC) of L/240 for an exterior wall with brittle finishes (Table 1604.3) with a footnote f which says that .7 times the component and cladding wind loads may be used for calculating the deflection for the limits in the table.  Would this limit be acceptable to some of you out there?  Generally this wouldn’t be a question for me, but I am looking at an existing wall that will have a new window cut into it.  The jambs will need to be reinforced (looking like a steel member for now) and the lower limits will make things a little easier for me.

Thanks,

J. Grill

Joseph R. Grill, P.E. (Structural)

Shephard - Wesnitzer, Inc.