Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: [SPAM] - Waffle slab design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: [SPAM] - Waffle slab design
- From: "Syed Faiz" <sfaiz(--nospam--at)saudioger.com>
- Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:33:01 +0300
You're absolutely right the Reinforced Concrete Design text books don't deal with Waffle Slab
exclusively as such although they deal with the Two- Way Slab design in general.
I have a host lot of text books: Ferguson, Wang & Salmon, Winter & Nilson, McCormak, Mark Fintel,
PCA Notes, etc and I regret to say I never found any of these books dealing with the design of
I found great help only from CRSI Handbook which has one full chapter dedicated exclusively to this subject.
The Chapter-11, entitled "Two-Way Joist (Waffle) Flat Slabs" is very useful and deals with all aspects of
the design, including design using "First Principles" and using the "Tables & Monographs", etc.
I would also suggest you to use PCA program ADOSS, which basically deals with all aspects of
elevated Two- Way Slab Design, including Waffle Slabs.
Hope this helps.
Best regards all.
Syed Faiz Ahmad; MEngg, MASCE
Senior Structural Engineer
Saudi Oger Ltd
P.O. Box: 1449
- Prev by Subject: RE: [SPAM] - Santa Claus as Seen by an Engineer
- Next by Subject: AASHTO Loadings
- Previous by thread: Re: Architectural Engineers
- Next by thread: Semi OT: Thoughts on relocating to India