RE: [SPAM] - Waffle slab design

Javier:

You're absolutely right the Reinforced Concrete Design text books don't deal with Waffle Slab
exclusively as such although they deal with the Two- Way Slab design in general.

I have a host lot of text books: Ferguson, Wang & Salmon, Winter & Nilson, McCormak, Mark Fintel,
PCA Notes, etc and I regret to say I never found any of these books dealing with the design of
Waffle Slabs.

I found great help only from CRSI Handbook which has one full chapter dedicated exclusively to this subject.
The Chapter-11, entitled "Two-Way Joist (Waffle) Flat Slabs" is very useful and deals with all aspects of
the design, including design using "First Principles" and using the "Tables & Monographs", etc.

I would also suggest you to use PCA program ADOSS, which basically deals with all aspects of
elevated Two- Way Slab Design, including Waffle Slabs.

Hope this helps.

Best regards all.

Syed Faiz Ahmad; MEngg, MASCE
Senior Structural Engineer