RE: Architectural Engineers

In Wyoming, I believe the law reads differently.  The state of Wyoming reads with reference to a Prof. Eng. and their competence.  Therefore, a mechanical engineer could design and stamp structural drawings pending they were competent in what they were doing.  Of course, if there was a failure, this information would most certainly come up and licensure would be up for revoking and all sorts of bad things would happen to said professional.  Anyhow, the way that I understand the law, here in Wyoming, is that the work done by the engineering professional is based on competence.  Me???  I'm a PE Civil, but I do almost all structural work.

Dave Maynard, PE
Gillette, WY